Kardella Demographics (VIC) Local Stats

Kardella (3951) is a suburb of South Eastern Victoria, Gippsland, Victoria. It is about 104 kms from VIC's capital city of Melbourne. Kardella is in the federal electorate of McMillan.

In the 2011 census the population of Kardella was 304 and is comprised of approximately 47.7% females and 52.3% males.

The median/average age of the population of Kardella is 46 years of age.

85.8% of people living in the suburb of Kardella were born in Australia. The other top responses for country of birth were 6.6% England, 1.3% Sri Lanka, 1.0% New Zealand, 1.0% Netherlands.

97.0% of people living in Kardella speak English only. The other top languages spoken are 3.0% Language spoken at home not stated.

The religious makeup of Kardella is 36.3% No religion, 14.9% Anglican, 14.9% Catholic, 14.9% Uniting Church, 9.2% Religious affiliation not stated, 3.3% Presbyterian and Reformed, 3.3% Baptist, 2.3% Pentecostal, 1.0% Buddhism.

60.1% of people are married, 25.1% have never married and 8.6% are divorced and 3.7% are separated. There are 6 widowed people living in Kardella.

63.4% of the people living in Kardella over the age of 15 and who identify as being in the labour force are employed full time, 29.2% are working on a part time basis. Kardella has an unemployment rate of 3.7%.

The main occupations of people living in Kardella are 28.3% Managers, 15.1% Professionals, 12.6% Technicians & trades workers, 10.1% Sales workers, 9.4% Clerical & administrative workers, 9.4% Labourers, 8.2% Machinery operators & drivers, 5.0% Community & personal service workers, 1.9% Occupation inadequately described/ Not stated.

The main industries people from Kardella work in are 23.4% Agriculture, forestry and fishing, 14.6% Manufacturing, 10.8% Construction, 8.9% Retail trade, 8.9% Health care and social assistance, 7.6% Education and training, 5.1% Wholesale trade, 4.4% Financial and insurance services, 3.8% Transport, postal and warehousing.

52.8% of homes are fully owned, and 41.7% are in the process of being purchased by home loan mortgage. 5.6% of homes are rented.

The median individual income is $460 per week and the median household income is $1156 per week.

The median rent in Kardella is $120 per week and the median mortgage repayment is $867 per month.

Check out FY 2013 Tax Stats for Kardella postcode 3951

  • Qpzm LocalStats Victoria Suburb of the Day: South Dudley 3995 -> Melbourne -> Victoria